We Are Buying Knobs, Tubes, and Cleats
Sundial Wire is buying porcelain knobs and tubes that we can use for resale. (If you are looking
to buy knobs and tubes or knob-and-tube wire, please click here.)
PLEASE DO NOT SEND US ANYTHING BEFORE CHECKING WITH US THAT
WE NEED WHAT YOU HAVE AVAILABLE.
What We Currently Do Want
- both glazed and unglazed knobs, the two-piece type with two channels for wires
- single-piece, tie-on or wrap style knobs
- tubes only of the following lengths: longer than the 3-3.75" size but less than 7"
What We Currently Do NOT Want
- knobs missing their nails
- knobs with only one channel for wire rather than two
- knobs with mis-matched tops and bottoms, i.e., glazed with unglazed or different sizes
- tubes in sizes not listed in the list above
- any pieces with major chips or other significant breakage
- any pieces with any more than a small spot or two of paint or other non-removable coloring
We price the pieces based on their
condition when received and will not purchase lots under 50 pieces except for cleats, which we will buy in any quantity.
- $0.50 a piece for any knob or tube or cleat pair that is in as good or better condition than this: slight chips,
a tiny amount of paint, moderate dirt, no more than slightly bent nails.
- $0.25 for pieces with these conditions: large chips, no major breakage, a small amount of paint, significant dirt.
Please understand that what we charge customers takes into account the high amount of labor involved with
handling calls and emails
on available product, sorting, evaluating, communicating about the purchase, sending payment, etc.
These are very
high-overhead items for us.
We will do the evaluation as to whether the pieces are very good/good, fair, or not saleable when we receive the product. By sending
us the pieces, you are agreeing to accept our evaluation. You will not be paid for pieces that are evaluated as not saleable,
nor will you be reimbursed for the price of shipping them.
Packing and Shipping
- Please note that newsprint dirties the porcelain. You will get better prices if you pack the knobs
and/or tubes in unprinted paper or bubblewrap.
- Paper is often not adequate to prevent the porcelain from chipping during shipment. We recommend
bubble wrap or something like it to prevent breakage. Also, we really recommend wrapping each knob or tube
in its own bubble wrap or thin foam. We often use smaller boxes within shipping boxes to ensure that the
items are packed tightly. If they have room to rattle, they get chipped.
- If you are planning on sending us knobs or tubes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with an
estimate of how many pieces you will be shipping and your zip code. We will be able to evaluate the most efficient
way for you to ship them to us based on your location, the size of a box required to fit your pieces, and the weight
of your package. We will reimburse you for the shipping costs of the method we have determined to be the most appropriate.
You can get Official USPS Priority Mail shipping boxes free of charge at the Post Office. We will let you know which
box you should obtain for the method we have advised.
Before sending us anything, please e-mail us at:
email@example.com and let us know what you have.
We will let you know if we are interested. We will not necessarily purchase the contents of packages
we haven't agreed to receive.